* 40% Off Puromycin for Memorial Day Sale!
Puromycin is an aminoglysidic antibiotic derived from the Streptomyces alboniger bacterium. Puromycin is a protein inhibitor by inhibiting translation. It is toxic to procaryotic & eukaryotic cells. Puromycin's main function is used in cell biology as a selective antibiotic agent in cell culture systems for selecting mammalian cell lines, which have been transformed by vectors that express puromycin-N-acetyl-transferase (PAC).
* Listed below are a few published articles demonstrating the use of our Puromycin. Inquire for a full list of references.
- The mTORC1 signaling repressors REDD1/2 are rapidly induced and activation of p70S6K1 by leucine is defective in skeletal muscle of an immobilized rat hindlimb, Andrew R. Kelleher, et al., Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab, Jan 2013; 304: E229 - E236.
- CELL BIOLOGY: CBP and p300 are cytoplasmic E4 polyubiquitin ligases for p53, Dingding Shi, et al., PNAS, Sep 2009; 106: 16275 - 16280.
- The Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Binds to E2F1 and Inhibits E2F1-induced Apoptosis, Jennifer L. Marlowe, et al., Mol. Biol. Cell, Aug 2008; 19: 3263 - 3271.
* Related Sources
||White to Off-White Powder
||Warning! Toxic. May be Carcinogenic. Wear gloves/mask when handling product. Avoid contact by all means of exposure. Protect from Moisture.
||Soluble in Water (50 mg/ml).
Double click on above image to view full picture