Annexin V Apoptosis Detection Kits are a convenient, easy-to-use and safe method for apoptosis detection. Annexins are a family of calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding proteins, which bind to phosphatidylserine (PS).
Externalization of phosphatidylserine residues on the outer plasma membrane of apoptotic cells allows detection via Annexin V. Once the apoptotic cells are bound with labeled Annexin V, it can be visualized with fluorescent microscopy or cytometry.
Since the loss of membrane integrity is a pathognomonic feature of necrotic cell death, necrotic cells will stain with specific membrane-impermeant nucleic acid dyes such as propidium iodide, the membrane integrity of apoptotic cells can be demonstrated by the exclusion of these dyes.
Advantages & Features
• Easy and one step protocol: results in 9 minutes
• Detection Method: flow cytometry (Ex = 488 nm; Em = 530 nm) and fluorescence microscopy
• Mammalian reactivity
• Proven performance for both adherent and suspension cells
• Safe: non-enzymatic assay that avoids fixation
• Detect early/middle stages of apoptosis
• Differentiate apoptosis from necrosis
• Includes: 500 µL Labeled Annexin V, 50 mL Binding Buffer (10x), 1 mL Propidium Iodide
|Storage Temp||All components should be stored at 4ºC|
|Use||For a convenient, easy & fast method for apoptosis detection by flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy|
|No Items Found|